I’ve now finished the main framework of the horses head and it’s now ready to build upon. I’ve planned out how the horses head will be created in my sketchbook and have made it so each section can be built upon using different geometric shapes.
Below is a photo of the finished framework and also a photo of how I’ve started to cover the wire in paper. I believe that the framework will not only help with the shape but also the durability of the finished sculpture as it’ll create a skeletal support for the paper to rest upon.
I found whilst trying to cover the framework in paper that the paper would fall between the wire so to overcome this I covered the framework in masking tape before covering it in paper so that the paper had something to rest on.